"A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new." Albert Einstein

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Author Study: J.K. Rowling

I was thrilled when I found out I was appointed to J.K. Rowling as my author! J.K. Rowling is my absolute favorite author, and I can not wait to dig deeper into her writing style. As a child, I grew up adoring the Harry Potter series. I still love it just as much today. The writing style, character development, and originality are a few of the reasons why I enjoyed reading these books. J.K. Rowling has a simple writing style that caters to elementary aged students. Students may be intimidated by the size of the books, but once you begin reading, the books fly by!
As a teacher, I want my students to be able to fall in love with a book series like I did as a student. Whether it be Harry Potter, or something completely different, I would love for my students to find a book series they can fall in love with. Reading a book series they enjoy may spark an interest in other types of books. I had favorite authors growing up, and I hope my students can find many favorites as well. I will want to have a very diverse library in my classroom that enables every student to find a book they are interested in.

No comments:

Post a Comment