"A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new." Albert Einstein

Monday, June 25, 2012

Louis Sachar

I wanted to dedicate a post solely on one of my favorite childhood authors. Louis Sachar is an author known for his satire and wit. Sachar wrote the novel, Holes, which is one of my favorite books ever. He also wrote the Marvin Redpost series, Wayside Stories series, Boys In The Girls Bathroom, and other fascinating books that are enjoyed by many people around the world.
One of my favorite characteristics of Sachar's writing was how funny his books were. I remember literally laughing out loud while reading his books because I thought it was so humorous. His style is very quirky but outrageously relatable. This was part of why I could never put his books down.
Another reason I enjoyed his books so much was because of the originality of each of his stories. For example, the Wayside Stories series is so creative and witty that I was simply awed by each novel. As a child, I felt like I could relate to the characters even though they were completely outlandish and zany! If I was not assigned to my other favorite author, J.K. Rowling, I would have loved to have Louis Sachar as my author study author. I think many young readers would enjoy Sachar's books and definitely want to incorporate his novels into my own classroom. Writing this blog post makes me want to read Holes all over again!

No comments:

Post a Comment