"A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new." Albert Einstein

Monday, June 25, 2012

Where The Red Fern Grows

This book is one of the most fascinating books i have ever read! Next to Harry Potter, Where The Red Fern Grows is definitely my favorite book. If I could pick one book to have my children read when they are growing up, it would be this book. Where The Red Fern Grows is written by Wilson Rawls and it is about a young boy named Billy who wanted nothing but to have a hunting dog. Billy ended up receiving two hunting dogs named Dan and Ann. The story follows with Billy training the dogs to become spectacular hunting dogs. Not only was there victory and sadness, but there was also the most powerful component, love.
Being a dog lover myself, I was able to relate to this story as a child. This book made me want to have dogs just like Dan and Ann, The love between the two dogs and Billy is simply touching. This was one of the first books that made me sad after reading it. It is certainly a tearjerker, but definitely worth the read. Dog lovers will love the companionship and commitment that emulates throughout the entire story.

1 comment:

  1. Check out this website some really interesting information about this author http://www.trelease-on-reading.com/rawls.html

    ReplyDelete