"A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new." Albert Einstein

Monday, June 25, 2012

Fiction

I would say fiction was my favorite genre to read as a child growing up, and it is still my favorite genre today! I love originality and creativity in the stories I read, and fiction is the most likely genre to have those qualities. As a huge fan of Harry Potter and the Lord of the Rings, I would say fantasy is one of my favorite types of fiction to read for pleasure. I like stories that have many different characters and stories that follow characters that are embarking on a long, epic journey!
Fiction is so important for students to appreciate because it is the best way to help students with their narrative writing. Reading a story about talking animals may spark their desire to write their own story about talking animals. Fiction reading also helps the students become more interested in reading for pleasure. There are a plethora of fictional books that cater to the interest of each individual in the classroom. The teacher's job is to encourage the students to search for a book that interests them. This will help motivate them to try different types of books. Fiction books are also the most exciting to act out in a reader's theater. Students will love to role play as unconventional characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment